Taking a screenshot on your iPhone is as easy as pressing two buttons.
It is quite common that you want to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X or iPhone XS / XS Max / XR, as you may want to share the screenshot with others or keep important information in the capture on your device This is why this article that covers two ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone (from iPhone 8/8 Plus to the newly launched iPhone XS / XS Max / XR) is written. In addition to the screenshot forms on your iPhone, ways to view, edit and share the screenshot on your device are also provided. Read to get the details.
Part 1: How to take a screenshot on iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus
Generally speaking, you can take screenshots on your iPhone in two ways, either through the buttons or through Assistive Touch.
- Tip 1: Screenshot of iPhone 8/8 Plus using iPhone buttons
Step 1: Go to the screen you want to capture on your iPhone.
- Step 2: quickly press and release the sleep / activation button (also called a side button) and the home button on your iPhone 8/8 Plus to take a screenshot.
- Step 3: Then you can see the preview of the screenshot in the lower left of the screen. If you want to edit the screenshot, touch the preview and you can crop / mark the image or add text / signature / magnifying glass to the image. Then click Done> Save to photos to keep the screenshot on your iPhone or click the Share button to share the screenshot by message, mail or other ways you want. If you save the screenshot directly, slide your finger to the left in the preview and it will be saved to your iPhone automatically. If you want to verify it later, go to Photos> Albums> Screenshots on your iPhone.
Tip 2: take a screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus with AssistiveTouch
Actually, using AssistiveTouch to capture the screen of your iPhone is more convenient if you discover that using buttons can activate Siri by mistake or lock your iPhone if you don’t press the buttons simultaneously. The following steps will show you how to do it.
- Step 1: Go to Settings> General> Accessibility on your iPhone. (In Accessibility, you can also invert the color on the iPhone 8/8 Plus to make your iPhone screen more pleasing to the eye).
- Step 2: scroll down to click AssistiveTouch and turn it on.
- Step 3: Then go to Customize the top level menu … and tap the plus sign to add a new icon.
- Step 4: Touch the newly added icon, choose Screenshot and click Done. You will then see the Screen Capture option in the AssistiveTouch menu.
- Step 5: Go to the screen where you want to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8/8 Plus, click the AssistiveTouch button on your screen and choose Screen Capture to capture your iPhone.
Apple iPhone 8 Summary
The Apple iPhone 8 smartphone was launched in September 2017. The phone comes with a 4.70-inch touch screen with a resolution of 750×1334 pixels with a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch (ppi).
Apple iPhone 8 works with an Apple A11 Bionic Hexa-core processor. It comes with 2 GB of RAM.
The Apple iPhone 8 works with iOS 11 and works with a non-removable 1821 mAh battery.
When it comes to cameras, the Apple iPhone 8 on the back includes a 12-megapixel camera. It has a 7 megapixel front camera for selfies.
Apple iPhone 8 based on iOS 11 and includes 64 GB of built-in storage. The Apple iPhone 8 is a SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM card.
Connectivity options on the Apple iPhone 8 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, NFC, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India ). The sensors in the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor and compass / magnetometer.
The Apple iPhone 8 measures 138.40 x 67.30 x 7.30 mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 148.00 grams. It was released in black, gold, red, rose gold, silver and space gray.