If you are preparing for CA Intermediate Exam, then this article will be very beneficial for you, so continue reading it. For the students of the CA, the CA Intermediate syllabus is essential because that is from where you come to know about the topics that will come in the exam. The syllabus for CA Intermediate will also help the student prepare a proper study pattern for them. So, the CA Intermediate syllabus for both groups is essential in many ways.
Here we have got for you the pdf of the syllabus of both groups of CA Intermediate as per ICAI. So, follow the article and get the links to download the pdf of the syllabus that will surely help you gain a score in the CA Intermediate Result.
Latest Syllabus of CA Intermediate May 2022 (New Scheme)
There are two Groups in CA Intermediate, Group I and Group II. Each group has four papers comprising different topics that check candidates’ overall knowledge and strength.
Paper 1: ACCOUNTING
Accounting is the first paper of the CA Intermediate course containing six papers, and here is the list of all six topics.
- Process of formulation of Accounting Standards including Ind ASs (IFRS converged standards) and IFRSs; convergence vs adoption; objective and concepts of carve-outs.
- Framework for Preparation and Presentation of Financial Statements (as per Accounting Standards).
- Applications of Accounting Standards
- Company Accounts
- Accounting for Special Transactions
- Special Type of Accounting
Paper 2: CORPORATE AND OTHER LAWS
There are two parts in paper two, where the first one is Company law and the second one is Other Laws. The topics in each of the two issues are mentioned follows,
Part I- Company Law
- Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental thereto
- Prospectus and Allotment of Securities
- Share Capital and Debentures
- Acceptance of Deposits by Companies
- Registration of Charges
- Management and Administration
- Declaration and Payment of Dividend
- Accounts of Companies
- Audit and Auditors
Part II- Other Laws
- The Contract Act, 1872
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- The General Clauses Act, 1897
- Interpretation of statutes
Paper 3: COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
Cost and Management Accounting is the third paper of CA Intermediate that includes the following topics:
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting
- Ascertainment of Cost and Cost Accounting System
- Methods of Costing
- Methods of Costing
Paper 4: TAXATION
Taxation is divided into two parts: income tax law and Indirect Taxes. Let us go through the topics that are included in this paper:
Part A– Income Tax Law
- Basic Concepts
- Residential Status and scope of total income
- Incomes that do not form part of total income (other than charitable trusts and institutions, political parties and electoral trusts)
- Heads of income and provisions governing computation of income under different heads
- The income of other persons included in the assessee’s total income
- Aggregation of income; set-off, or carry forward and set-off of losses
- Deductions from gross total income
- Computation of total income and tax liability of individuals
- Advance tax, tax deduction at source and Introduction to tax collection at source
- Provisions for filing return of income and self-assessment
Part B– Indirect Taxes
- Concept of Indirect Taxes
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) Laws
Paper 5– ADVANCED ACCOUNTING
The major topics that are included in advanced accounting, which is Paper 5, are:
- Application of Accounting Standards
- Special Aspects of Company Accounts
- Reorganization and Liquidation of Companies
- Banking Companies and Non-Banking Financial Companies and regulatory requirements thereof
- Consolidated Financial Statements
- Dissolution of partnership firms
Paper 6– AUDITING AND ASSURANCE
Following are the topics of Paper 6, i.e., Auditing and Assurance:
- Nature, Objective, and Scope of Audit
- Audit Strategy, Audit Planning and Audit Programme
- Documentation Audit and Audit Evidence
- Audit Documentation and Audit Evidence
- Fraud and Responsibilities of the Author in this Regard
- Audit in an Automated Environment
- Audit Sampling
- Analytical Procedures
- Audit of Items of Financial Statements
- The Company Audit
- Report Audits
- Audit of Banks
- Audit of Different Types of Entities
Paper 7– ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SYSTEM AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Paper 7 of the CA Intermediate syllabus is divided into two sections: the following chapters.
Section A– Enterprise Information System
- Automated Business Processes
- Financial and Accounting Systems
- Information Systems and its Components
- E-commerce, M-commerce, and Emerging Technologies
- Core Banking Systems
Section B–Strategic Management
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Dynamics of Competitive Strategy
- Strategy Management Process
- Corporate Level Strategies
- Business Level Strategies
- Functional Level Strategies
- Organization and Strategic Leadership
- Strategy Implementation and Control
Paper 8– FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS FOR FINANCE
Paper 8, which is Financial management and economics for finance and divided into two parts, contains the following chapters.
Part A– Financial Management
- Financial Management and Financial Analysis
- Financing Decisions
- Capital Investment and Dividend Decisions
- Management of Working Capital
Part B– Economics for Finance
- Determination of National Income
- Public Finance
- The Money Market
- International Trade.
Benefits of Syllabus for CA Intermediate Exam
The syllabus that ICAI provides for the CA Intermediate exam has a significant role in the students’ results. The same syllabus is used to prepare the final question paper, and knowing the pattern and topics that will be asked will be a lot beneficial. Let us go through some other benefits that one can avail of from the CA Intermediate Syllabus.
- The syllabus will let the students understand the demand of the exam so that they can put the required efforts into preparation.
- Based on the syllabus, students can divide the topics into the category of hard and easy which let them prepare a study plan.
- The syllabus is crucial from an exam’s perspective since it is the list of the topics that need to be covered for the exam.
Therefore, the CA Intermediate syllabus is the key factor that plays a vital role in the entire preparation of the exam. So, before preparing your study plan, make sure that you have gone through the whole syllabus. Also, this will help you to analyze the exam pattern and make proper divisions of the chapters for time table. So, download the pdfs for the syllabus as per ICAI, which is given above, and grab a good score with a good preparation strategy.