Gmail has provided its users promising services since its venture into the email forum. It has presented a user-friendly interface and useful features. Just like all other platforms, Gmail also has its technical glitches. Users often find that their Gmail won’t load. It might be very disturbing if you find Gmail crashing at times of emergency. If Gmail won’t load, you’ll not receive or send emails smoothly.
There can be multiple reasons that may lead to Gmail crashing. Here are some of these root causes:
- An unstable internet connection is a serious threat to applications like Gmail.
- An incompatible browser may often cause Gmail crashing issues from time to time.
- Interference of Privacy settings can create such an issue.
- Cache data and browser cookies may take up storage space on your device and interrupt smooth functionality.
- Interruption by browser extensions is a common reason for which Gmail won’t load.
Related Gmail Errors You should check:
- HOW CAN I FIX GMAIL NOT WORKING ON IPHONE?
- HOW CAN I FIX GMAIL NOT OPENING IN CHROME?
- HOW CAN I RECOVER MY GMAIL PASSWORD?
- How can I find the owner of the email address in Gmail?
- WHY IS GMAIL NOT WORKING ON IPHONE?
- Is It Possible To Find the Owner Of the Email Address In Gmail?
- How To Fix Gmail Not Receiving And Sending Emails?
As you are now aware of the underlying causes behind Gmail won’t load problem, you can move ahead to resolve such an issue. Here are the possible resolutions you can try on your own:
- A slow internet connection is one of the worst enemies of Gmail. Ensure that you are using a stable and uninterrupted network. For the best solution, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) so that you can get high-speed internet.
- Check whether the Gmail server is down itself or not. If the server is down, it will be down for everyone. You can check this from websites, or you can even know about the status from the Google Workspace Status Dashboard. The only thing you can do in this case is wait for a while.
- Antivirus programs and firewalls often interrupt Gmail services. They may cause security conflicts with applications like Gmail. Disable these programs temporarily to prevent your Gmail crashing issue repeatedly.
- If you are accessing your Gmail account through any browser like Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, make sure the respective browser is compatible with Gmail.
- Restarting your device or rebooting it is one of the easiest solutions. This may smoothen the working of Gmail by temporarily closing the unnecessary tabs working in the background.
- Sometimes, there may be a technical problem with the device you are working on. In such a case, try to access your Gmail account from another device.
- The browser that you use to access the Gmail account may not support Gmail. Access the Gmail account from another browser instead.
- A browser extension may cause Gmail to malfunction. Turn off the extension temporarily to see if it stops Gmail crashing.
- Manage the browser Privacy settings. The privacy settings may prevent Gmail from loading. Add mail.google.com manually to the list of allowed sites and check whether your browser can connect to Gmail now.
- Temporarily remove the browser you are using and then reinstall it. Sometimes, a browser can become corrupted and cause Gmail crashing issue.
If none of the above-mentioned processes help you solve the Gmail won’t load problem, you can take help from the experts or just apply the steps to fix it.