If you want to delete your TurboTax account because of any reason, you can’t do that. You can’t delete TurboTax Account. If you have not paid your TurboTax Online fee, then you can clear the data that you have entered using the Clear and Start Over feature. If you’ve paid then the law requires storing copies of the return. The same requirements are imposed on all accountants and other professional tax preparers. On the other hand, you can always deactivate a TurboTax account.
How do you deactivate the account?
Firstly, close the TurboTax.
Then select Start on the Windows taskbar.
After that, select Control Panel.
Then choose to Uninstall a program
Then you will have to scroll down to the TurboTax version that you wish to remove and then select it
After that, click on Remove, Change, or the Uninstall button.
Then, select the Uninstall TurboTax button and this will deactivate your account.
How do you uninstall TurboTax?
Firstly, close TurboTax
Then click on Start from Windows.
Then select the Control Panel from there.
Then you will find an option to “uninstall a program.” Click on that.
Then scroll down to the TurboTax version that you want to uninstall.
Now select “Remove.” If you do not find a “remove,” you may find a “change” or even an “uninstall” button.
Select the Uninstall TurboTax button.
How do you reinstall TurboTax?
Insert the TurboTax CD.
Then press the Windows key and then press R.
Select Browse and then choose the Setup.exe file. You will find this on the TurboTax CD. Then click on “Open.”
Then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and then select Ok.
Select to uninstall TurboTax from the Repair and Uninstall window.
When TurboTax has been uninstalled, you can reinstall TurboTax with the help of a CD.
Then go to the Flush Install window. You will have to wait for it to be closed.
Then TurboTax will be reinstalled.
Troubleshooting Common Errors:
- The computer should meet the minimum system requirements.
- You should verify that you have the administrator rights of the computer where you’re running TurboTax
- If you are installing it from a CD, make sure you check TurboTax CD and the computer’s CD drive
- It is advisable that you clean and then defragments your hard drive.
- Also, run Windows Update so that your computer remains up-to-date
- Make sure to close all browser windows and programs before you install
- Don’t forget to update your computer’s hardware drivers.
- It is advisable that you don’t install TurboTax on a removable flash
- If you remove the unused firewall and virus-detection programs, then it can help you avoid potential problems
- Don’t forget to turn off the firewall and virus-detection software before you install
Taxes are confusing and difficult to file. The process can get overwhelming and exhausting. There is a possibility that you will face some common errors and you would wish to delete the account. Also, there may be a need to uninstall TurboTax or Downgrade TurboTax. The steps that you need to follow to do that have been mentioned above. The process is easy and takes no time. Lastly, you can always contact customer care when you need expert advice.
Related Post you should check: How to fix TurboTax error codes?