If you’re the creator of a TikTok video, your comment section can be really frustrating, especially if someone leaves a comment that misinterprets it completely (to say the least). You can send a text reply or simply create another video, but according to TikTok now you have the third option: You can reply to your comments by using video instead of text.
(Note: because this is something specifically for content producers who want to respond to video comments, we haven’t been able to test it yet. If / when we respond, we’ll let you know.)
To add a video to a comment on your current TikTok video:
- Tap the comment you want to reply to.
- If you have the opportunity to respond using video, the camcorder icon appears to the left of the field. Tap that icon. You can also tap the comment you want to reply to.
- Record the video normally.
- If you want, you can attach a comment to the video to which the video responds. This will allow anyone who watches your video individually to see what you are replying to.
- Upload the video as usual.
- The video is available both in the comments section (the video you commented on) and on your own page.
I got it? If not, TikTok has a video how does it work: