iOS 15 and iPadOS 15: Tags make it much easier to sort your notes
Tags let you search your notes faster than ever.
Apple borrows this feature from several different apps for taking notes. In fact, even physically erasable sticky notes, like Rocketbook, support tags that allow you to search for your notes and information later.
You can share your notes just like before. Now, however, you can choose and see who makes changes to them.
With Tag Browser, you can tap any tag or combination of tags to quickly view tagged notes. You can view all your tags on the Notes main page. You tap a tag and it takes you to the notes associated with it.
Custom smart folders
Custom smart folders automatically collect notes in one place based on tags. This does exactly what it is supposed to do. You add a new note with the same tag as the other, and they can automatically move to the Smart Folder folder. That is, if you decide to create a smart folder! You will be given the option to choose between a smart folder or a new folder (regular).
Collaboration in Notes is now profitable thanks to new productivity features
The activity view, highlights, and annotations make it easy to keep track of changes to your notes.
You can now share notes and see what others have added to the shared note when you were away. The new activity view provides a summary of updates from the last time you viewed the note, and a list of each co-user’s daily activity.
You can then swipe right to any note to reveal details of who made the changes to the shared note and when. You can view editing times and dates with highlighted text that is color-coded to match the partners in the note.
When someone enters a time (as Peter has done here), you get an automatic suggestion to add the event to your calendar or even set a reminder!
Mentions make collaboration in shared notes or folders more social, direct, and contextual. Enter the @ sign and the name of the partner to notify them / call them for important updates. It works just like any other mention in any other messaging app like iMessage or Facebook Messenger.
You will be notified whenever someone mentions you. Otherwise, changes will occur in the background without notice.
iPadOS users get extra productivity features
This year, the iPad will receive special treatment – a Quick Note that can be called at any time, and more.
1. Pictures in handwritten notes you can combine handwriting and pictures with handwritten notes. Just drag images to the drawing area, then place, resize, or draw them directly.
2. Quick guide: You can find and edit Quick Notes created on iPad (and Mac) in Notes. To call up a Quick Note, swipe from the bottom right corner of iPad toward the center of the screen. You can also bring it up from the control center.
- Adaptability: You can adjust the size or location of the instant message or even hide it on the page so you can quickly bring it back to add more information later.
To open Quick Note, swipe from the bottom right corner of the screen to the center. To hide it (so you can call it later), swipe to go home / press the Home button, and a small arrow grabs the right edge of the iPad screen.
- Adding links and images: You can add context by adding links and images from the app to the Quick Note. When you return to the same place in the app or website, a snapshot thumbnail will appear in the corner to remind you of your past notes.
You can highlight links, which allows you to send them to Quick Note by tapping Add to Quick Note.
- Interact with Safari links: You can highlight text or images in Safari and add them directly to a note to keep track of the websites you visit. Again, dragging and dropping an image works throughout the system in all Apple applications.
The same goes for text that can be added to Quick Note with a single click.
These are all Notes 15 updates for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. Tags make it easier to find notes, while Activity View, Highlights, and Mentions with real-time updates bring Apple Note one step closer to competitor productivity offerings like Google Docs.
On the other hand, this additional feature makes the iPad stand out. This year, the company seems to be paying more attention to iPadOS, which is great news for its users.