The definitive guide to lose weight, fat and speed up your metabolism.
Surely you have searched a thousand times for a way to lose weight without success. That you have tried all the existing diets to achieve it, but still you do not get it.
I am sure that what I am going to talk about next, you have not been told anywhere.
And it is that, losing weight or gaining weight always go hand in hand with metabolism.
With metabolism we mean the calories our body burns to stay alive.
And that metabolism depends on:
- hereditary and genetic component
- your way of eating
- age and sex
- amount of muscle mass
- hormonal functioning
- daily activity level, habits, …
How to calculate basal metabolism?
Basal metabolism is what our body spends while you breathe and live, simply.
You can calculate it with the Harris-Benedict equation.
For women it is as follows:
BMR = (10 x weight in kg) + (6.25 x height in cm) – (5 x age) -161
Over the years, the metabolism slows down . Specifically 5 – 10% slower per decade.
This is because as we age, we lose muscle mass and increase the percentage of body fat.
But don’t worry, you can counter subtraction if you watch your diet. Also if you incorporate strength training or weights into the routine you can speed it up.
There are two types of metabolism:
A slow metabolism will cause you to gain body fat easily, constant tiredness, lack of energy, constant cold, and accumulate more fat in the legs and hips.
A revved up metabolism ensures our energy levels are high, helping us sleep better. It allows you to have strong muscles, improve mood, control blood sugar, improve tension and lose fat.
How many calories do you need?
Now you know what your metabolism spends and you’ll say, okay, now what?
Now, guess the calories you need to consume to lose weight.
You just have to multiply the result that the equation has given you before, the basal metabolism, by a number that is related to your physical activity.
- Little or no exercise: BMR x 1.2
- Light exercise (1-3 days a week): BMR x 1,375
- Moderate activity (3-5 days a week): BMR x 1.55
- Strong exercise (6-7 days a week): BMR x 1,725
- Very strenuous sport or activity (twice a day, very hard training): BMR x 1.9
If you are here it is because you want to lose weight, then you should consume a little less calories than these equations have given you.
But let’s be real, surely you don’t feel like anything right now calculating calories and so on. TRUE? If you have already been on diets, then you will be tired of it and starving.
If you want to count calories, great, because it is a method that does not fail. If you don’t feel like doing it, you can follow the following weight loss guide to make it easier for you.
This complete guide to foods and tips will help you speed up your metabolism in a natural and healthy way, it will also make you lose weight and fat.
But remember, none of this works miracles, if you don’t complement it with a more careful diet and the practice of exercising.
Foods that you should include in your day to day to lose weight effectively:
Many people believe that eating healthy is boring and bland, but that’s not the case, that’s what we have spices for.
Spices, apart from giving flavor, help us speed up metabolism and, as a consequence, lose weight.
The ones that help you the most are:
- Cinnamon : lowers the blood glucose level and therefore insulin. Which makes it ideal for losing fat. Add them to pancakes , oatmeal porridge , French toast, or to any meal. It is delicious and goes well with many recipes.
- Ginger : it is diuretic and improves cholesterol. It also improves digestion.
- Cayenne pepper: thanks to capsaicin it has a great thermogenic effect and helps to oxidize fat, as well as controlling appetite.
- Mustard seeds : ideal for accelerating metabolism and losing weight.
- The pepper , like the spicy, has a thermal effect.
High in flavonoid naringin, which helps the liver to better metabolize fat.
- green tea
High in antioxidants, it prevents cancer, reduces cholesterol, and of course increases metabolism, increases fat oxidation and raises energy levels.
Apart from being very low in calories, they increase satiety and the high number of antioxidants it has makes the metabolism increase.
Improves the hormonal environment, helps fat loss by accelerating metabolism
Decreases tension, controls blood glucose and insulin levels, and also improves metabolism and helps lose fat
Although it provides a lot of fat, these are healthy fats and they help you lose weight and fat and also speed up your metabolism. It is high in fiber, lowers cholesterol. It also has protein and vitamin E.
Here you have a delicious avocado sandwich for snack or breakfast.
Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries thanks to the antioxidants they contain help you increase metabolism.
Start the day burning fat:
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you get up, to detoxify the body and hydrate it.
- Breakfast : your breakfast should include protein (egg, chicken…), complex carbohydrates (oats, quinoa, sweet potato, brown rice crackers…).
- If you can, do cardio on an empty stomach for 45 minutes, but only if you are 100% healthy, if you have any problems, leave it for after breakfast.
With these three things active, fat oxidation will help you lose weight and have energy .